Leap into a Green Economy with Good Jobs for All!
The Good Jobs for All Coalition (GJFA) is an alliance of community, labour, social justice, youth and environmental organizations in the Toronto region. It was formed in 2008 to start a focused dialogue on how to improve living and working conditions in Canada’s largest urban centre.
The Coalition’s goal is to develop strategies that affirm the values of a truly just society – healthy communities, a sustainable economy, strong public services, equity, and decent work for all.
On February 29th the Good Jobs for All Coalition held a City of Toronto Forum on Green Jobs. Participants included:
* Moderated by Nigel Barriffe and Carolyn Egan.
* Welcome greetings by Winnie Ng.
* Rajean Hoilett Chairperson of Canadian Federation of Students (CFS-Ontario)
* John Cartwright President of TYRLC
* Cheryl Teelucksingh and Laura Zeglen, co-authors of the 2016 report entitled “Building Toronto: Achieving Social Inclusion in Toronto’s Emerging Green Economy” for Metcalfe’s Green Prosperity series.
* Prince Sibanda Toronto Community Benefits Network
* Ameen Binwalee
Recorded in Toronto, 29 February 2016.